Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sock death

So, I had just started on a lovely sock with some knitpicks felici self striping yarn. I left it on the bed and forgot to put it up, away from the puppy.

You can see where this is going.

Liam hollered to me later that day that Moxie was under the bed "WITH YOUR YARN!!!" Sure enough, she'd stolen the ball, tangled it beyond all salvageablity and, well, bye bye sock.

As I was trying to untangle it, I was thinking that it didn't seem like 200 yards of yarn. And then, yesterday evening, I found more of my poor sock yarn in the front yard. I don't know when she brought it out there. (That's one of her favorite places to bring pilfered items from the household, though.)

Rest in peace, little sock. I loved you for the ten rows we were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment